We are testing 8207v27. I have an HTML page migrated from 82...

robert fuschetto

We are testing 8207v27. I have an HTML page migrated from 8206 that executes perfectly fine off our portal. It shows a few graphs and a little report showing the users selection criteria. That report was simply a fex with a page header showing &&Company, &&DIVISON, &&YEAR etcone for each thing prompted.

When I ****edit **** the HTML page and run it, no matter what I do the criteria report always says: ALL for each &&. Further if I SAVEforever more the HTML page always says: All for each && when run from the portal.

I guess what I am try to askIs there an issue with using && in 8207v27 An existing HTML page ruins fine till I edit itthen the &&'s always say all.

Waz, Martin,

Thanks! I worked around this, as it seems so many times we must do with WF; by creating a new reportBUTthis was the solution I believe an IBI consultant worked with us on when we went from 8008 to 8206. The controls on the HTML page where this report and charts are, of course, are named as shown below. It runs fineunless you edit or resave the filethen all show up as All on th ereport no matter what. I no longer can get back to 8206 to check anything

Martin,

what do you mean by refresh

Here is the code:

-Paramters

-Set defaults to All for Multi Select OR WHERE Conditions that follow

-DEFAULT &FISCALYEAR = 2021

-DEFAULT &PERIOD = 202001;

-DEFAULT &COMPANY = _FOC_NULL;

-DEFAULT &IDXSPECIALTY = _FOC_NULL;

-DEFAULT &IDXROLLUP = _FOC_NULL;

-DEFAULT &IDXBANBR = _FOC_NULL;

-DEFAULT &PROVIDERTYPE = _FOC_NULL;

-DEFAULT &PROVIDERSUBTYPE = _FOC_NULL;

-DEFAULT &RPTPROVNAME = _FOC_NULL;

-*************************************************************************************

-Default Printable Parameter values for future report headings

-Double amper (&&) allows for global use of paramters in subsequent procedures

-***********************************************************************************

-SET &&FISCALYEAR = &FISCALYEAR;

-SET &&PERIOD = .

-SET &&COMPANY = IF &COMPANY EQ _FOC_NULL THEN All ELSE &COMPANY.QUOTEDSTRING;

-SET &&IDXSPECIALTY = IF &IDXSPECIALTY EQ _FOC_NULL THEN All ELSE &IDXSPECIALTY.QUOTEDSTRING;

-SET &&IDXROLLUP = IF &IDXROLLUP EQ _FOC_NULL THEN All ELSE &IDXROLLUP.QUOTEDSTRING;

-SET &&IDXBANBR = IF &IDXBANBR EQ _FOC_NULL THEN All ELSE &IDXBANBR.QUOTEDSTRING;

-SET &&PROVIDERTYPE = IF &PROVIDERTYPE EQ _FOC_NULL THEN All ELSE &PROVIDERTYPE.QUOTEDSTRING;

-SET &&PROVIDERSUBTYPE = IF &PROVIDERSUBTYPE EQ _FOC_NULL THEN All ELSE &PROVIDERSUBTYPE.QUOTEDSTRING;

-SET &&RPTPROVNAME = IF &RPTPROVNAME EQ _FOC_NULL THEN All ELSE &RPTPROVNAME.QUOTEDSTRING;

TABLE FILE HOLDACTBNCHFTEWRVUFINAL

SUM

MAX.HOLDACTBNCHFTEWRVUFINAL.SEG01.PERIOD NOPRINT AS MAX,HOLDACTBNCHFTEWRVUFINAL.SEG01.PERIOD

HEADING

Dashboard Criteria:

" "

"As of: <MAX.HOLDACTBNCHFTEWRVUFINAL.SEG01.PERIOD "

"Company: &&COMPANY "

"Division: &&IDXSPECIALTY "

"SubDivision:&&IDXROLLUP "

"Bill Area: &&IDXBANBR "

" "

"ProviderType: &&PROVIDERTYPE "

"Provider Sub Type: &&PROVIDERSUBTYPE "

"Provider Name/s: &&RPTPROVNAME "

" "

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD

ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON

ON TABLE NOTOTAL

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML

ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON

ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

ON TABLE SET STYLE *

INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/warm.sty,

$

TYPE=HEADING,

LINE=1,

OBJECT=TEXT,

ITEM=1,

SIZE=14,

COLOR=NAVY,

STYLE=BOLD+UNDERLINE,

$

Lets simplified and take -DEFAULT &RPTPROVNAME = _FOC_NULL; as reference

This variable is then used

-SET &&RPTPROVNAME = IF &RPTPROVNAME EQ _FOC_NULL THEN All ELSE &RPTPROVNAME.QUOTEDSTRING;

But, since the variable is probably not passed anymore from your HTML because not anymore referenced/refreshed (migrating to 8207.27 make the variables unbound), your fex does receive _FOC_NULL (the default value) and then its the All value that is assigned to &&RPTPROVNAME from the above -SET command

This said, you then have to re-map/refresh your variables/parameters within the HTML

1- Open your HTML

2- Open the Requests & Data Souces tab

3- Right click on your fex name

4- Select Refresh

Your variables/parameters will then be remapped/reassigned

Then test back to see if your variable &RPTPROVNAME and &&RPTPROVNAME does now have the proper value

By creating a new report, you probably re-map the parameters without knowing it.

There are several changes applied to HTML Canvas and how does the controls are defined such as for radio & checkboxes.

Let say a checkbox named myCtrl; In previous version, each of its values could be referenced using myCtrl0, myCtrl1, myCtrl2 in java script. In 8207 (maybe from v27, not sure), but not possible anymore.

So when you Edit/Save your HTML page, it then use the new canvas and have removes the table element from the HTML and the numeric references.

So, you need to re-map/refresh your parameters because they have changed from HTML canvas POV.