We are setting up a new test reporting server and Im wonder...

Debra Waybright

Hey Deb

Let me think about that one. I know you can change the WF Reporting Server console to be a different color in 8203, but Im not sure about the Client side of things.

Do you want to change the default Home page to look different for testing or are your users hitting a Portal you designed for them to land on

I dont have that release here, but I can try to look around.

Thanks

Toby

On various WF sites where Ive acted as admin ive used different accent colors coupled with a watermark (ex. DEV as the watermark). Ive also used a similar style in the Windws Server environment. For example I configure the Server desktop background as red for production, blue for development, and green for QA. I find colors are more reliable then a label.

We are setting up a new test reporting server and Im wondering how others make it clear to users that connect via the WebFOCUS Home Page/BI Portal that they are on the test server and not the production server. Can you change the background color or the default tab title

Thanks!

Deb

WF 8203, Windows

I totally agree with @charles.roller about colors being more reliable than a label. Also if someone does a screenshot for you, you can tell something by the color.

So Deb - I looked around and didnt find any good way to control the home page at first. I did find the old App Branding kit which would probably have worked back in 8.0x. But nothing grabbed me in 8203.

You can change the WFRS Console to show different themes. I did this with our Cluster Load Manager being in one color and the 2 WFRSs it manages being in other colors. Unfortunately, this doesnt work the same in 8207. I have bigger fish to fry than colors right now in our upgrade.

I tried opening up Fiddler and watching for the CSS calls to see what I might find, but since Im on either 8105m or 8207, Im afraid all my info will be out of date.

I bet we could find the words in the Home Page tab. Like in 8105M it says WebFOCUS BI Portal. I can search for that string and maybe replace it and make that work.

Anybody else have any ideas

Toby

I work with Diane Weisberger, and this is how we set the QA to show:

Please backup and replace the following items in the following locations on the app server:

7/16/2019 WITH UPGRADE TO 8206, NEED TO UPDATE IMAGES BY RENAMING OURS AND REPLACING IBIs OF THE SAME NAME (IB_icon.svg, IB_logo.svg) . BY DOING THIS, NO NEED FOR UPDATE TO home.css.gz FILE. ONLY NEED TO DELETE WORK DIRECTORY AND RESTART TOMCAT.

File Location:

ibiWebFOCUS82webappswebfocushomepageresourcesimagesIB_icon.svg

ibiWebFOCUS82webappswebfocushomepageresourcesimagesIB_logo.svg

After replacing the items above, TomCat will need to be stopped, then the work directory will need deleted and TomCat started again.

• 2 weeks later...