Im trying to make a very simple solution to make an excel w...

Steffan Cline

Im trying to make a very simple solution to make an excel workbook and attach it to an email. The email works flawlessly, I just cant get it to find the file and attach it. I must be missing something simple but I cant figure it out. It would seem to be related to the path of where the file is being written.

Suggestions

ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION MyCONN

SQL SQLORA PREPARE HOLDNAME FOR

SELECT * FROM myView;

END

TABLE FILE HOLDNAME

PRINT *

ON TABLE HOLD AS DUPES FORMAT EXL07

END

-SET &TMPPATH = TEMPPATH(255,'A255');

-SET &TMPPATH = TRUNCATE(&TMPPATH);

-SET &ATTACHMENT_FILENAME = &TMPPATH || 'DUPES.XLSX';

-SET &SMTP_SERVER = 'mailserver';

-SET &SENDER ='john@doe.com';

-SET &RECEIVER ='john@doe.com';

-SET &SUBJECT = 'My Subject';

-SET &HTML_BODY = '<html><body>mybody</body></html>';

-TYPE powershell "$SmtpClient = new-object system.net.mail.smtpClient('&SMTP_SERVER|'); $MailMessage = New-Object system.net.mail.mailmessage; $att = new-object Net.Mail.Attachment('&ATTACHMENT_FILENAME|'); $mailmessage.Attachments.Add($att); $mailmessage.from = '&SENDER|'; $mailmessage.To.add('&RECEIVER|'); $mailmessage.Subject = '&SUBJECT|'; $MailMessage.IsBodyHtml = $true; $mailmessage.Body = '&HTML_BODY|'; $smtpclient.Timeout = 30000; $smtpclient.Send($mailmessage);"

-DOS powershell "$SmtpClient = new-object system.net.mail.smtpClient('&SMTP_SERVER|'); $MailMessage = New-Object system.net.mail.mailmessage; $att = new-object Net.Mail.Attachment('&ATTACHMENT_FILENAME|'); $mailmessage.Attachments.Add($att); $mailmessage.from = '&SENDER|'; $mailmessage.To.add('&RECEIVER|'); $mailmessage.Subject = '&SUBJECT|'; $MailMessage.IsBodyHtml = $true; $mailmessage.Body = '&HTML_BODY|'; $smtpclient.Timeout = 30000; $smtpclient.Send($mailmessage);"

END

Hopefully, your site will get ReportCaster set up, as it is a great way to disseminate information.

In the meantime, if you have a requirement to send out an email, from a focexec, you might want to take a look at the EDAMAIL application tool. EDAMAIL is documented in the Developing Reporting Applications manual.

SET EXCELSERVURL = ' '

APP PREPENDPATH IBISAMP

TABLE FILE CAR

PRINT

ON TABLE HOLD AS Car_Report FORMAT XLSX

END

-RUN

-MRNOEDIT EX EDAMAIL fred@barney.org, wilma@barney.org , Car Report, A, XLSX, Car_Report

image.png580545 31.1 KB

The -MRNOEDIT was needed since I was running from a Domain.

EDAMAIL requires a configured SMTP Server node for the server workspace.