I think I know the answer but will ask anyway. I have an HTM...

robert fuschetto

I think I know the answer but will ask anyway.

I have an HTML page that prompts for a half dozen parameters. For sake of example: Period/Country/State/Country/City/Dept. When the user hits the RUN button a focus file is created with the widget code and volume for the TOP 20 widgets. This is done by sorting and ranking. A report appears in a frame on the HTML page.

They want to be able to drill down on a code and see all volumes for that code for all Periods, based on the Country/State/Country/City/Dept criteria selected.

The focus file does not have Country/State/Country/City/Dept in it, only the ranked Top 20 codes and volumes.

First, is there a way to have the Drill report populate in a frame on the HTML page; ie not open in a new window I see no way to do thisshort of adding a second button, new report frame and prompting for a cpt codeetc etc

Second, I dont have the Country/State/Country/City/Dep parameters to pass in the original focus file. I can get around this by passing only the code they click as a parameter in the drill to a new fex that prompts for: Country/State/Country/City/Dept. The question. Is there away to have this new fex called by the drill down pick up the values from the parameters on the form I do not want to prompt again.

Hope this makes sense.

As for the drill down - basically you would like the subsequent drill down to have the same parameters passed as the first report got. So the first report takes a parm of &Country. Have the drill downs calling report2 have entries like Country=&Country State=&State (I may have the syntax wrong - its been 8 months). But that was my standard may to get initial screen criteria cascaded into subsequent reports.

We dont do any HTL coding. Anytime we try that we end up with HTML issues in the GUIjust out experience. LOL.

Regarding, the second response.

We added the Top 20 Code fex (Call it Report1) to the HTML page, parameters were created and chainedall is good.

We created a second report (Report2) to get detail for the code selected. Report2 has the same parameters as Report1 PLUS the code which is passed from Report1.

In Report1, on the code column, I click Drill then point to Report2 passing the code. Recall Country/State/County etc are not in Report1 to pass. Anyway Report2 needs values for Country/State/County etc. When I run Report1 and click code, the report that pops up prompts fro these valuesit does not recognize them from the HTML page since, well, Report2 is not on the page.

they are not there as fields - but they are there as &VARS. In the GUI I think you pick the argument name to use for calling report 2, and then pick Constant - but type in the &Variable used in the where clause. I no longer have access to my code so I cant show it. I know its doable in the syntax.

Robert,

Can you share Report1 & 2 code

Should not be that difficult to answer you need.

Report1 should probably be something as below

TABLE FILE xyz

SUM ...

BY CODE AS 'Code'

WHERE PERIOD EQ &Period;

WHERE COUNTRY EQ &Country;

WHERE STATE EQ &State;

WHERE CITY EQ &City;

WHERE DEPT EQ &Dept;

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT

ON TABLE SET STYLE *

TYPE=DATA,

COLUMN=N1,

FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/myFolder/Report2.fex (

Period=&Period.QUOTEDSTRING

Country=&Country.QUOTEDSTRING

State=&State.QUOTEDSTRING

City=&City.QUOTEDSTRING

Dept=&Dept.QUOTEDSTRING

Code=N1

WFFMT='HTML'),

TARGET='_self',

$

ENDSTYLE

END

And Report2

TABLE FILE xyz

PRINT ...

BY CODE AS 'Code'

BY ...

WHERE PERIOD EQ &Period;

WHERE COUNTRY EQ &Country;

WHERE STATE EQ &State;

WHERE CITY EQ &City;

WHERE DEPT EQ &Dept;

WHERE CODE EQ &Code;

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT

ON TABLE SET STYLE *

ENDSTYLE

END

Ok, I altered 3 pieces:

I opened the HTML page and added a frame. I went to Properties, assigned it the name: CptDrillFrame. When I click the actual reports Drill down, I want the results to populate in this frame:

image.png1253699 34 KB

I opened the Main Report fex, clicked on the Drill column, went to: Appearance, clicked: Drill Down and altered the target frame to: CptDrillFrame:

Finally, I opened the drill down Fex itself and changed the Output from Excel to Html.

I ran my HTML page. The man report populates. When I click a code to drill onthe report opens is a new windownot in the frame on the HTML page.

I can live with this for now. Perhaps its an issue with 8207v28or perhaps I am still doing something wrong.

Hi Robert,

Here the two fex that I have created. In my case they are in IT folder

-* Fex : 000000.fex

TABLE FILE CAR

BY COUNTRY

ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON

ON TABLE NOTOTAL

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML

ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON

ON TABLE SET STYLE *

$

TYPE=DATA,

COLUMN=N1,

FOCEXEC=IBFS:/WFC/Repository/IT/000000B.fex(

COUNTRY=N1

WFFMT='HTML'),

TARGET='iframe1',

$

ENDSTYLE

END

-RUN

-* Fex : 000000B.fex

TABLE FILE CAR

PRINT MODEL

BY COUNTRY

BY CAR

WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY';

ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON

ON TABLE NOTOTAL

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML

ON TABLE SET STYLE *

ENDSTYLE

END

-RUN

Then I have created an HTML page where I have included a report which I reference to 000000.fex and added an iFrame where I leave all the default.

When I execute the HTML I then see 000000.fex result and if I click on a country then I see 000000B.fex result in the iFrame for clicked country.

All this done with 8207.28