Compound Layout Report - XLSX Format - Display Report and Graph on Same Worksheet.

David Briars

The following Compound Layout Report...:

SET HTMLARCHIVE=ON

COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
 UNITS=IN, $

SECTION=section1, LAYOUT=ON, MERGE=OFF, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, PAGESIZE=Letter, SHOW_GLOBALFILTER=OFF, $

PAGELAYOUT=1, $

COMPONENT='report1', TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(0.650 0.667), DIMENSION=(2.667 5.000),  $

COMPONENT='chart1',  TYPE=REPORT, POSITION=(3.733 0.750), DIMENSION=(4.250 3.250), COMPONENT-TYPE=GRAPH,   $
END
SET COMPONENT='report1'
 TABLE FILE GGSALES
  SUM
   UNITS
  BY REGION
  ON REGION SUB-TOTAL
 END
SET COMPONENT='chart1'
 GRAPH FILE GGSALES
  SUM DOLLARS BUDDOLLARS
  BY CATEGORY
  ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT SVG
  ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH BAR
  ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
   TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=CATEGORY, BUCKET=X-AXIS,$
   TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=DOLLARS, BUCKET=Y-AXIS,$
   TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=BUDDOLLARS, BUCKET=Y-AXIS,$
  ENDSTYLE
END
COMPOUND END

...displays my report and graph side by side:

image.png.9b47d5f96ccc77cdc11c96ebe6de4d3a.png

When I change the PCHOLD FORMAT to XLSX, the report and graph are displayed on separate worksheets.  

How can I get the report and graph to display on the same worksheet? 

I am on release 8207. 

Edited by David Briars

• David Briars changed the title to Compound Layout Report - XLSX Format - Display Report and Graph on Same Worksheet.

@David Briars as far as I recall this is something that was added in 9.30 for XLSX.

From the release notes - https://docs.tibco.com/pub/wf-wi/9.3.1/IBI_wf-wi_9.3.1_relnotes.pdf

"Positioning Components in Excel Documents You can now position Components in an Excel Compound document. You can position items on multiple worksheets or a single worksheet, and items can be positioned in a fixed location by cell, or relative to each other. For more information, see the ibi™ WebFOCUS® Creating Reports With ibi™ WebFOCUS® Language guide."

• Thanks 1

I ran your code in WF 9.1.0 for output XLSX. I see the chart on a separate tab like you did.

I remember trying to do something like this a number of years ago on an 8.x release. Best we could to is save the graph as an image file. That allowed us to have the report and graph on the same tab, but Excel ignored the positioning, could only have the graph on the left.