How to query inventory of reports in pages in portals?

Cory Vendrely

Hello,

We have many Webfocus users across different departments. Over the years, we have seen folders moved, copied, renamed, etc. If someone is viewing a portal that someone else created, and they want to find the reports used within that portal, they will sometimes get lost in the folders. It can be difficult to find the exact report. I am trying to use the WF Repository tables to gather an inventory of all portals, the pages used in those portals, and the reports used in those pages. Has anyone done this before? I've been looking through old focal point posts, but I haven't found anything.

So far, I have been able to create a list of portals, and the pages used in those portals. But I'm struggling to get a list of reports used in the pages...

Here is my SQL:

SELECT PRT.WFBIP_PORTAL_DEF_FOLDER_PATH AS PRT_PATH, PAG.WFBIP_PAGE_PATH AS PAG_PATHFROM [WFRep2_Prd2].[dbo].[WFBIP_PPP_MAP] MAP LEFT OUTER JOIN [WFRep2_Prd2].[dbo].[WFBIP_PORTAL] PRTON MAP.WFBIP_PPP_MAP_PORT_ID = PRT.WFBIP_PORTAL_ID LEFT OUTER JOIN [WFRep2_Prd2].[dbo].[WFBIP_PAGE] PAGON MAP.WFBIP_PPP_MAP_PAGE_ID = PAG.WFBIP_PAGE_IDORDER BY PRT.WFBIP_PORTAL_DEF_FOLDER_PATH ASC

This just provides the paths to the portals and pages. There might be better ways to do that. I'm learning these tables through trial and error 😀

Also, I noticed that portals built in the new Designer portal editor do not appear in this list... Could those be stored in a separate table?

I'm not sure if this is possible, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Cory