How to identify which reports users access the most

Bajr Prakash Singh

Two things come to mind:

• Web Server logs can be interrogated (you can even put a master file over them and use WebFOCUS to query).
  • Have a WebFOCUS job (perhaps in site.wfs) that runs a procedure that writes request details to a database.

The first you can probably do immediately, the second would need some developent.

Hope this helps,

Mat

As Mat points out, there are various logs you could use to keep up with that information.

(By the way - Hi Mat! Long time no see).

I think if you just need this info one time, you could scrub the logs to find an answer and kind of brute force it.

If you think you're going to want to know who runs what all the time, you'll either need to enable Resource Analyzer or write a far amount of code yourself.

Think about your budget and needs. With the Golden Ticket (or key or whatever we call it), you could enable RA and give it a shot for a while to see if you like it. If not, then just turn it off. You might want to check with your sales person to make sure that's okay with them, but I think they'll think it's fine. I don't know who you work for or your position, but if you can find your Account Rep that sold you WebFOCUS, this is the sort of thing they can answer.

• 2 weeks later...