Hi community, I am trying to figure if its possible to cont...

Martin Yergeau

Hi community,

I am trying to figure if its possible to control the execution of a RC post-procedure and if so, how

I know how to pass parameters to RC pre/post-procedure but my goal is to avoid execution of a post-procedure if the associated RC task as failed for any reason.

It seems that even if the task failed, the post-procedures are always executed.

Thanks

Hi Martin

This is just an idea but you could read the botsched table for the schedule and check the LASTEXTSTATUS field for the value of FAILURE and if it is that bypass the rest of the code in the post execution procedure. I have not tried it so Im not sure if that is updated before the post execution procedure starts.

Hi Chuck,

Still have to perform some test to be sure hat I will manage all cases, but seems to work.

However, since my post-procedure is a common one that is used in several schedules, I have to use the below to retrieve the proper last execution status according to executed schedule:

SQL SQLMSS PREPARE SQLOUT FOR

SELECT LASTEXSTATUS

FROM [dbo].[bOTSCHED]

WHERE JOBDESC = '&DSTSCHEDDESC.EVAL'

Thanks

Finally, this technique seems to work when testing BOTSCHED.LASTEXSTATUS in a post procedure but doesnt if its a step within the task it self because it does read before its actually updated.

Which make sense.

It reads, the previous execution and not the current one.

So you have to pay attention when using that.