I am creating a multi-user application, and use the followin...

Pete Daniel

I am creating a multi-user application, and use the following statement to manage data updates:

USE

LV_CUST ON FOCSU01

END

This was working perfectly. However, after I modified the master file for this database (added extra fields & rebuilt the table), I now get the following error:

(FOC1923) WARNING: USE COMMAND OVERRIDES DATASET VALUE IN LV_CUST

(FOC538) SU. CENTRAL AND LOCAL USERS HAVE DIFFERENT MASTER DESCRIPTIONS:

0 TRANSACTIONS: TOTAL = 0 ACCEPTED= 0 REJECTED= 0

SEGMENTS: INPUT = 0 UPDATED = 0 DELETED = 0

Does anyone know how I resolve this

Thanks in advance

Hi Pete

This message is trying to tell you that the sink machine (SU) sees a different master than you do locally.

Last time I was using sink machines I was working in the TSO/MVS world. There - Id be restarting the sinc machine like @waz suggested, and you could check the DD statement in the JCL to make sure the ddname MASTER is pointing to the currrent master file.

You can see where your ID is looking for a master with:

WHENCE LV_CUST MASTER

and

WHENCE LV_CUST FOCUS

Thatll give away where local WebFOCUS is looking for the master and focus file.

You mentioned a Global Profile - that makes us think of edasprof.prf, but maybe the sync machine uses a different profile

Since I havent touched a sink machine since the late 1990s I was curious to look up how this works on a Windows installation.

Is there a Sink Machine on WebFOCUS 8.2.01

I honestly couldnt remember the FDS (FOCUS Database Server) service without that prompting. From this, I can make a better guess how to find what you need to find.

First, I think, based on your messages, that its possible you updated a local database when you did your rebuild. Maybe the USE statement was not in place when you did the REBUILD/REORG

My other guess is that maybe your SU host is not the same WF Reporting Server that you are using when you get the error. You can check in the WFRS Console under Workspace:

(these are 8207 pictures)

I would not be surprised to find that your HOST name for the FDS is different than the one you just did your rebuild on.

It all seems to come down to the WFRS youre using might not the same one that the SU sink machine is using.

I wish I could see it - I kind of like seeing things that changed that I dont know about anymore.

Hope that points you in the right direction. Let us know if youre still stuck.

Toby

Hello Pete,

Ive been doing a little work in this area lately.

My scenario might be different than yours, but this is worth checking.

I have gotten that error by running a table file HOLD (with no use command)

and then issued a USE command, and running a modify.

Since the local master is opened, and you tell it to use the master on FOCSU01 via the USE command, you get the message.

Try putting your USE at the top of your procedure, so everything in that procedure goes thru SU, and only one master (the SU master) is opened for that session.

ELSE

You might have two master files.

FOCUS will use the first one in the path

WHENCE LV_CUST MASTER

will find the first master in the path.

Is that the correct master.