Hello WF Family. Im seeking for help with printing/displayi...

Jan Vostr

Just a try : split in several variables that will be as first step cleaned.

-SET &TD_DATTIM_FROM = '2020-01-06';

-SET &TD_DATTIM_TO = '2021-01-05';

-SET &LONG_TXT1 = 'THIS IS A VERY LONG FIRST TEXT TO TEST THAT IT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A HEADER LINE EVEN IF THE STRING HAS MANY MANY MANY CHARACTERS TO DISPLAY';

-SET &LONG_TXT2 = 'THIS IS A VERY LONG SECOND TEXT TO TEST THAT IT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A HEADER LINE EVEN IF THE STRING HAS MANY MANY MANY CHARACTERS TO DISPLAY';

-SET &TD_DATTIM_FROMX = TRIM_(BOTH, ' ', REPLACE(REPLACE(&TD_DATTIM_FROM, 'FOC_NONE', '-'), '_FOC_NULL', '-'));

-SET &TD_DATTIM_TOX = TRIM_(BOTH, ' ', REPLACE(REPLACE(&TD_DATTIM_TO, 'FOC_NONE', '-'), '_FOC_NULL', '-'));

-SET &PARA1= 'Transaction Date From:' || &TD_DATTIM_FROMX || ', Transaction Date To:' || &TD_DATTIM_TOX;

TABLE FILE CAR

SUM SEATS

BY COUNTRY

HEADING

"Parms: &PARA1 &LONG_TXT1 &LONG_TXT2"

ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD

ON TABLE SET HTMLEMBEDIMG ON

ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

ON TABLE SET STYLE *

INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,

$

TYPE=HEADING,

SIZE=12,

COLOR=RED,

JUSTIFY=LEFT,

$

ENDSTYLE

END

-RUN

Another option is to display them on several lines

HEADING

"Parms: &PARA1"

"&LONG_TXT1"

"&LONG_TXT2"

Otherwise, you may have another problem.

Try including only few parameters to isolate to the one that can create the problem

Hello WF Family.

Im seeking for help with printing/displaying parameters in HEADING of deferred Excel (and other outputs)

Ive already asked you in the old forum http://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/7487056496

but my issue still persists even though Ive tried all suggestions there.

So basically my code is like this

-SET &PARA=Transaction Date From: || &TD_DATTIM_FROM || ', || Transaction Date To: || &TD_DATTIM_TO || ', many more;

-SET &FARA = TRIM_(BOTH, ,STRREP(&PARA.LENGTH,&PARA,8,FOC_NONE,1 ,-,4096,A4096V));

-SET &LARA = TRIM_(BOTH, ,STRREP(&FARA.LENGTH,&FARA,9,_FOC_NULL,1 ,-,4096,A4096V));

and then printing/displaying in the file (Excel as an example)

ON TABLE SUBHEAD

"<NAME "

" FILE <NAME GENERATED ON: <CAS <+0> "

HEADING

" "

-*"USED PARAMETERS: &LARA "

Even the length is like 300 of the &LARA it always says

(FOC287) THE INPUT LINE IS TOO LONG: &1 -SET &QUERY_STRING=

I found out that when I get rid of the style

$

TYPE=TITLE,

COLUMN=N13,

JUSTIFY=CENTER,

$

TYPE=TABHEADING,

SIZE=14,

COLOR=RGB(72 78 87),

JUSTIFY=LEFT,

$

TYPE=TABHEADING,

LINE=1,

OBJECT=FIELD,

ITEM=1,

FONT=VERDANA,

SIZE=18,

COLOR=RGB(51 102 255),

$

TYPE=TABHEADING,

LINE=2,

OBJECT=FIELD,

ITEM=1,

COLOR=RGB(51 102 255),

$

TYPE=TABHEADING,

LINE=2,

OBJECT=FIELD,

ITEM=2,

COLOR=RGB(255 102 0),

$

TYPE=HEADING,

SIZE=12,

COLOR=RGB(72 78 87),

JUSTIFY=LEFT,

$

more

It works better but is some situations it gives me the same error

Any ideas

Thank you very much!

MartinY:

"Parms: &PARA1"

"&LONG_TXT1"

"&LONG_TXT2"

Hello MartinY

thank you for your response. Ive tried your suggestion and it works, but when I put longer text in Ive got the same error

The text that added is like 3800 characters so there must be some limitation for sure. I cannot isolate just few parameters because there is like 5 of them which can contains more than length 50 (for example), that will not help. So basically I know which parameters can cause this but the problem is that I need to print whole parameter in the HEADING (i know its crazy but I just work here .)

I dont think that there is a problem with displaying to many characters in the HEADING its just too many parameters in the report I guess.

But maybe its is not possible to do this at all cause of FOCUS limitation.

If you have any other idea I would appreciate for sure.

Thank you again for your time

Yes, actually all of those are variables in WHERE filter/condition.

example

-SET &PARA=Transaction Date From: || &TD_DATTIM_FROM || ', || Transaction Date To: || &TD_DATTIM_TO || ', || CAR MODEL: || %CAR_MODEL etc.

WHERE TD_DATTTIM EQ &TD_DATTIM_FROM;

WHERE TD_DATTTIM EQ &TD_DATTIM_TO;

WHERE TD_DATTTIM EQ &CAR_MODEL;

As a test to find out which (HEADING or WHERE) is triggering your error, try

Comment out the HEADING and test your request.

Put back the HEADING and comment out the WHERE tests and add a WHERE READLIMIT EQ 100; This will bring back only 100 records.

If you still get the error message in #1 then your problem has to do with the WHERE. If you get the error with #2 then its the HEADING. It seems like the maximum length of an input line in a WHERE test is 32K. However, you may need to confirm this with IB Tech support.

This doesnt work

-SET &LONG_TXT1 = THIS IS A VERY LONG FIRST TEXT TO TEST THAT IT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A HEADER LINE EVEN IF THE STRING HAS MANY MANY MANY CHARACTERS TO DISPLAY THIS IS A VERY LONG FIRST TEXT TO TEST THAT IT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A HEADER LINE EVEN IF THE STRING HAS MANY MANY MANY CHARACTERS TO DISPLAY THIS IS A VERY LONG FIRST TEXT TO TEST THAT IT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A HEADER LINE EVEN IF THE STRING HAS MANY MANY MANY CHARACTERS TO DISPLAY;

-SET &LONG_TXT2 = THIS IS A VERY LONG SECOND TEXT TO TEST THAT IT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A HEADER LINE EVEN IF THE STRING HAS MANY MANY MANY CHARACTERS TO DISPLAY;

-SET &PARA1= Transaction Date From: || &TD_DATTIM_FROM || , Transaction Date To: || &TD_DATTIM_TO;

HEADING

Parms: &PARA1

&LONG_TXT1

&LONG_TXT2

This one doesnt work either

-SET &LONG_TXT1 = THIS IS A VERY LONG FIRST TEXT TO TEST THAT IT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A HEADER LINE EVEN IF THE STRING HAS MANY MANY MANY CHARACTERS TO DISPLAY THIS IS A VERY LONG FIRST TEXT TO TEST THAT IT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A HEADER LINE EVEN IF THE STRING HAS MANY MANY MANY CHARACTERS TO DISPLAY THIS IS A VERY LONG FIRST TEXT TO TEST THAT IT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A HEADER LINE EVEN IF THE STRING HAS MANY MANY MANY CHARACTERS TO DISPLAY;

-SET &LONG_TXT2 = THIS IS A VERY LONG SECOND TEXT TO TEST THAT IT CAN BE DISPLAYED IN A HEADER LINE EVEN IF THE STRING HAS MANY MANY MANY CHARACTERS TO DISPLAY;

-SET &PARA1= Transaction Date From: || &TD_DATTIM_FROM || , Transaction Date To: || &TD_DATTIM_TO;

HEADING

-Parms: &PARA1

-"&LONG_TXT1"

-*"&LONG_TXT2"

For both scenarios Ive just different variable in where which had like 10 numbers. So it is not in WHERE neither HEADING.

Ive tried a test on 8207 with

HEADING

" "

"Filters: <+0> <REQUEST.FILTERS

and without any -SET used on 8105m, just this simple (Should be basically the same) and give me error right away

Reporting Server Error

The value of an amper variable exceeds the maximum length

I think I will ping IBI support and see if they could help because Im out of ideas.

Thank you very much again!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Toby,

thank you for your suggestion. I was also considering this but the problem is that this ->

jan.vostry:

-SET &PARA=Transaction Date From: || &TD_DATTIM_FROM || ', || Transaction Date To: || &TD_DATTIM_TO || ', many more;

is filled in HTML form by the user and Im not sure if that will work. And the other problem might be that the result would be the same because of the maximum length of the variables. But Im might play with it later on. Now I am busy with migration 8105->8207 and its really nasty

Anyway thanks a lot Toby!

Jan

• 4 weeks later...