Issue : Across fields always creates a blank space between t...

Manoj Chaurasia

BY MODEL AS removes the blank line but gives you no title for the BY column.

With SET ACROSSTITLE = SIDE and ACROSS COUNTRY AS MODEL, you can trick to get the title. With some styling you can left align, but now you loose the across title. Or you could combine with ACROSS COUNTRY AS MODEL COUNTRY

Martin vK

Thanks Guys, I like that

SET ACROSSTITLE = SIDE SET PAGE = NOLEAD -RUN TABLE FILE CAR SUM DCOST BY CAR AS BY MODEL AS ACROSS COUNTRY AS Car, Model / Countries This is using: SET ACROSSTITLE = SIDE -*ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX AS DROP_ACROSSTITLE_SIDE END

Works as expected. However, how can we do that with associated Column Titles for my By Fields I guess it may be a NFR such as DROPBYACROSSBLANKLINE

Doug

Almost There (maybe)

I need City, Category, 1997/12/01, 1997/11/01, and 1997/10/01 to be displayed over the associated columns, all on a single line. Heres the simplified code using GGSALES:

SET EMPTYREPORT = ON SET ACROSSTITLE = SIDE SET PAGE = NOLEAD TABLE FILE GGSALES SUM DOLLARS BY LOWEST 2 CITY BY CATEGORY ACROSS HIGHEST 3 DATE AS WHERE CITY GE New York WHERE DATE GE 19971001 ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX END

Doug

I changed " SKIP " to " DROP " for consistency with other BLANK line SETs.

It looks like what I need is a NFR thatll add DROP as an option to ACRSVRBTITL which would remove that blank space completely.

The line Im seeing is the area where the ACROSS verb title would be.

Dbeagen

Right now the values are:

OFF : always show title regardless of number of verb objects and

HIDEONE : does not show title if there is only one verb object.

NFR : DROP : hides the title and removed the area reserved for the title.

Doug

Doug,

Have you tried the trick posted by Dan here: http://forums.informationbuild547035126#1547035126

TABLE FILE GGSALES SUM DOLLARS BY LOWEST 2 CITY NOPRINT BY CATEGORY NOPRINT ACROSS HIGHEST 3 DATE AS COMPUTE XCITY1/A70 = CITY ; AS CITY 1 COMPUTE XCITY2/A70 = CITY ; AS CITY 2 COMPUTE XCATEGORY/A70 = CATEGORY ; AS CATEGORY WHERE CITY GE New York WHERE DATE GE 19971001 ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX ON TABLE SET STYLE * TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=XCITY1, SEQUENCE=1, $ TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=XCITY2, SEQUENCE=2, $ TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=XCATEGORY, SEQUENCE=3, $ ENDSTYLE END

Thanks,

Pku

Thanks Pku , Ive not yet tried that. But I will. I used another one, from Walter Walter Brengel, as a work-around that prompted my NFR.

SET ACROSSTITLE = SIDE

SET PAGE = NOLEAD

-RUN

DEFINE FILE GGSALES

MYDATE/A10=FPRINT(DATE,I8YYMD,A10);

END

TABLE FILE GGSALES

SUM DOLLARS AS '

BY LOWEST 2 CITY

BY CATEGORY

ACROSS HIGHEST 3 DATE AS ''

WHERE CITY GE 'New York

WHERE DATE GE 19971001

ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLDGGS

ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON

ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY

END

TABLE FILE HOLDGGS

**PRINT ***

ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD

*-ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX

END

Doug

quote:

Originally posted by Doug:

Thanks Pku , Ive not yet tried that. But I will. I used another one, from Walter Walter Brengel, as a work-around that prompted my NFR.

Thanks for sharing @Pku .

Doug, you should try that. This gives you exactly what you need.

SET PAGE-NUM = OFF TABLE FILE GGSALES SUM DOLLARS AS BY LOWEST 2 CITY NOPRINT BY CATEGORY NOPRINT ACROSS HIGHEST 3 DATE AS COMPUTE XCITY1/A70 = CITY ; AS City COMPUTE XCATEGORY/A70 = CATEGORY ; AS Category WHERE CITY GE New York WHERE DATE GE 19971001 ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX ON TABLE SET STYLE * TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=XCITY1, SEQUENCE=1, $ TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=XCATEGORY, SEQUENCE=2, $ ENDSTYLE END -RUN

I agree that the New Feature Request (NFR) would make it A LOT easier, and you should, in fact we ALL should submit that NFR so that IBI knows that there is a big interest in it. But that is a GREAT work around.

Hallway

Issue : Across fields always creates a blank space between the title and the actual value which make filtering hard when exporting to excelNote the BLANK LINE to the right of MODEL

Sample Code :

SET ACROSSTITLE = SIDE

SET PAGE = NOLEAD

-RUN

TABLE FILE GGSALES

SUM DOLLARS BY LOWEST 2 CITY BY CATEGORY ACROSS HIGHEST 3 DATE

WHERE CITY GE New York

WHERE DATE GE 19971001

-*ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX

ON TABLE SET STYLE *

TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, ITEM=1, POSITION=CITY,$

TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, ITEM=2, POSITION=CATEGORY,$

ENDSTYLE

END

Sample Results :

Doug

• 2 months later...

Yep, Tried it and it works well. But, its a workaround that I passed on to our developers

New Feature Request (NFR) would make it A LOT easier for everyone.

we ALL should submit that NFR

I Know The Walters Can Make that Happen

Well see it presented in a FOCUS Friday Session