Blank Line in Excel Heading

When I create an Excel spreadsheet from WebFOCUS with headings, there is a blank line that appears after the heading lines and before the report content.  I know this has been a long-standing issue, but I am wondering if there has been any capability added recently in WebFOCUS to keep that blank line from report.  Or, what solutions are available to produce the report without the blank line in the heading?

Thanks!

John

Does your StyleSheet contain the BORDER attribute?

If so, can you try removing it, and check to see if you no longer see the blank line between the HEADING and the column titles?

image.png.c6c835ba840e514a54ec44b5c426c72e.png

image.png.d44edc798367c4e1f342c44f4b36641b.png

Edited by David Briars
  • Like 1

David,

You have it exactly right.  My procedure uses an included stylesheet that contains several BORDER attributes, which is why it had a blank line originally.  I did notice in testing that by simply adding the BORDER attribute, even if it is OFF, the blank line is generated.  

My requirements include use of borders on the report - if I use the BORDER attribute, is there a way to keep that blank line from generating?

If not, I will investigate using HTML5 javascript code in the stylesheet to paint the borders. 

Patrick - David's CAR file code illustrates the issue perfectly.

I will update this post with my findings when I have done some more testing.

• Like 1

I am still researching the blank line issue, but am running into another issue with my research.  I would like to use WF Designer to create borders, but am unable to find the functionality to do that.  The documentation refers to a 'Show Border' checkbox in the Format -> General (or Columns) location in Designer, but I see no such checkbox there.  Any idea on why I am not able to access the border functionality in Designer?

The help is where I saw the information regarding the setting, but I do not see it in Designer.  I did not find any picture of where the Show Border checkbox is located, but the help mentions the General or Columns options.  I have attached a couple of screenshots to illustrate what I see on each of those options.  I am using the Grid format for my report. 

Screenshot 2024-08-19 092305.png

Screenshot 2024-08-19 092241.png