I'm relatively new to WF, so any help would be appreciated. How do you create a selectable parameter that determines what will be shown on a report?

thanh huynh
Go to solution Solved by David Beagan ,

The report I'm working on has 3 measures (sales$, cases, weights). But instead of showing a column for each measure, I want the user to select a measure from a drop down menu. And based on that selection, the appropriate measure will be displayed in the report.

Hello @thanh huynh​ 

I noticed your question this evening and it seems you have received no responses yet.

Here is an example using the legacy sample CAR file that contains the measures: SALES, DEALER_COST, RETAIL_COST

TABLE FILE CARSUM&MEASURE.(<Sales,SALES>,<Dealer Cost,DEALER_COST>,<Retail Cost,RETAIL_COST>).Select Measure.BY COUNTRYBY CARON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTMLON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ONON TABLE SET STYLE *UNITS=IN, SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT,$TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=9,$TYPE=TITLE, STYLE=BOLD,$ENDSTYLEEND

Simply replace the options for the measures in my example with the measures you noted above.

i.e. &MEASURE.(<Sales,sales$>,<Cases,cases>,<Weights,weights>).Select Measure.

Note the parameter value pairs represent the value you want to prompt the user for followed by the value you want to pass back into your WebFOCUS Report/Graph request, that is prompt for "Sales" and pass "sales$" into the parameter &MEASURE.

These 2 solutions seem to work to return 1 column of data, but how would you do this for multiple sales, cases, or weight columns?

Say there are 2 sales columns, 2 cases columns, and 2 weight columns. How could the report display both Sales columns if the parameter selected was 'Sales'.

Hi David,

I see what the 'AND' is doing, but I don't think it's correct for what I'm looking for.

Hopefully, I can explain it a bit better this time around.

Say these are the fields I'm working with:

Sales1

Sales2

Cases1

Cases2

Weight1

Weight2

What I'm trying to do is if a user selects Sales as the measure, Sales1 and Sales2 is shown like the mock up below.

And it'll be the same for Cases and Weight. If Cases is selected, Cases1 and Cases2 would be shown.

image.png.6306a13f06d1924e321e42bc6985f084.png 

image.png.e6cec3f028ce5a4ebdfa80a051506ec7.png

with this line

&MEASURE.(<Sales,Sales1 Sales2>,<Cases,Cases1 Cases2>,<Weight,Weight1 Weight2>).Select Measure.

The columns will be labeled Sales1, Sales2, Cases1, Cases2, Weight1, Weight2.

Is there a way to update that line so that Sales1 would be labeled as Qtr1Sales?