How can I get diacritic marks to display correctly with WebFocus? When I run a report, a letter with a tilde is displaying as a question mark and a letter with an accent mark does not show the accent.

How can I get diacritic marks to display correctly with WebFocus? When I run a report, a letter with a tilde is displaying as a question mark and a letter with an accent mark does not show the accent.

Hi Kelly

This is very likely a codepage issue. The data was encoded one way and WF is decoding it to something else.

What data source are you hitting that has this problem? (like DB2 or SQL server or whatever).

I wonder if you might be able to set the codepage on a Master file or adapter string to help you out.

By default, I think we're using Windows 1252 but you could change that from the WF Client Admin console under NLS...

Hi Toby,

I am running against the Banner Student Information System which sits on an Oracle database. I'll check with our IT staff and see if we can do something with the codepage. Thank you for your input!

Kelly