AppStudio problems

steve hodos

Using AppStudio, the line numbers and some of the icons appear extra small- there is no setting in Options to control this. Anyone run into this problem?

Possibly related- the font for server output - "No Output was returned" - (using Report Viewer in AppStudio) is also absurdly tiny- anyone run into that problem? Thanks.

Yes I have run into this problem, I don't see any settings to change them. Elements on App Studio's HTML Canvas are real small too.

The only thing I can see that would help is to change the display settings for a monitor and use that monitor to work with App Studio. I went to Settings > Display and changed Scale and resolution:image.thumb.png.4176033d96287e274a0b58f8fe4981e5.pngThat made it a lot easier to deal with.

Hi Steve! Long time no talk.

I installed 9.1 on a laptop with a 4k display and thought I'd likely see this issue here. But - it's pretty much okay.

What this sounds like is the scaling for High DPI monitors causing your trouble. I wonder what it looks like for you if you use some of these settings on the appstudio.exe executable (or maybe it's still focshell.exe for you) in the bin folder.

image.png.c903080e5cf09791a5ddd1bc9032e6fa.pngimage.png.e9124a815ed22bd701bc926a730951de.png 

Try out a couple of those to see if you scaling behavior is better on your monitor.

I sometimes have luck with System (Enhanced) when I'm messing with older software (like winamp which I used to dig back in the day).

I'd think our newest app studio would have solved the High DPI thing, but maybe not in some situations.

Worth a try anytime you have a program that's giving you super tiny pictures / text on a high res monitor.

Let us know if that helps..

Have a good weekend!

Toby

Toby - great hearing from you as well - and David: thanks for these tips. I am still on Win 10, and override is unchecked. I will keep everyone posted when I get a chance to test with the user.

"You can take the dude of of support, but you can't take support out of the dude"