Trying to install a new html5 chart type (com.ibi.gauge).

Erin Trotter
Go to solution Solved by SATHEESH B,

I've tried installing from the Admin Console in the HTML5 section and I tried going straight to github and downloading the zip and installing it in the extensions file in the extensions folder manually. I cleared the cache. I restarted tomcat. I even restarted the reporting server. No matter what, when I try to use the gauge file type. I get: Configuration Error Unknown Chart Type: "com.ibi.gauge". I followed all of the steps though. What am I missing? I'm on 8.07.27 by the way.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
  1. Check the extension is installed and enabled.

chart extensions are stored in the extensions folder and the json file in the folder has the entry for each chart type.

WebFOCUSconfigweb_resourceextensionshtml5chart_extensions.json

check it has com.ibi.gauge folder and extension entry is in the json file with enabled=true.

run the chart with problem in chrome . and press F12 and in the network tab press cntr+R it will reload the files and you can see the json file (most of the time it loads once and stored in browser cache).Select the file and open in the new window and refresh the file and it will force to update the cache .there is no need for restarting tomcat after enabling chart.

if these steps didn't work then you may need to open a ticket. there was a bug in one of the release.