Is there a Date Hierarchy Feature in WebFOCUS 8207

Naeem Sufi 2

I need to show chart by Year/Month .. In creating visualization It does not let me use YM function ... Having used Power BI and Tableau , I am used to this function .. Wondering if this function is available in 8207.28 ?

I checked with TIBCO Support , so far no answer

Thanks

There are many different ways to represent a date in WebFOCUS. Depending on the data type of the field representing your date, you may use a function to create the Year/Month or simply do a calculation. Here is an example of a date field on the ggsales standard sample file used to create a chart for Year/Month.

DEFINE FILE GGSALESDATEYYM/YYBMt = DATE;ENDGRAPH FILE GGSALESSUM UNITS BY DATEYYMON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHARTON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH BARON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ONON GRAPH SET STYLE *INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/ibi_themes/Warm.sty,$TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, BUCKET=x-axis, $TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BUCKET=y-axis, $*GRAPH_JS"blaProperties": {"orientation": "horizontal"}*ENDENDSTYLEEND

chart_month.png.d1b6b4a499b4ae3699d520c414fa02af.pngYou can also put the calculaiton for the DATEYYM field in the metadata master file and even create a dimension with the DATE and DATEYYM fields.

• 2 weeks later...