I want to use the Blackout Period option in Report Caster bu...

Subbarao Desu

I want to use the Blackout Period option in Report Caster but only for selected schedules instead of all schedules. Is this possible

On a given day when blackout period is set I have n number of schedules but I want the blackout period to be applied only for few. I didnt find any option select schedules. Is there an option to select schedules and then apply the blackout period

Thanks,

Subbu.

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the reply. We are using 8.2.07.27. I saw the groups but within a group there are multiple schedules and the business want only few schedules should be stopped based on the blackout. So, I was checking if there is anyway to filter at schedule level instead at a Group level.

Thanks,

Subbu.

An alternative could be the technique described here: Using the &&KILL_RPC Flag

For example suppose there were a few schedules that needed blackout on the first and last day of the month. Those schedules could be configured to use the pre-processing procedure:

-SET &&KILL_RPC = 'N';

-SET &&KILL_RPC = IF &DATED EQ '01' OR

- EDIT(AYMD(&YYMD, 1, 'I8YYMD'),'$$$$$$99') EQ '01'

- THEN 'Y' ELSE 'N';

which checks if today is the first or last day of the month and if true then sets the &&KILL_RPC variable to Y. Depending on what you are trying to do, there is probably dialogue manager code to check for it. Note, you can get current day of the week with &DATEW which is 1=Monday 7=Sunday.

Hi David,

&&KILL_RPC was the first approach I tried but our environment goes down daily in the night as part of maintenance and when the distribution server starts back the the schedules reset to the next run time due to which the KILL_RPC is not holding until next morning.