In App Studio 8207 I created an html page with a double list...

Michele Brooks 2

In App Studio 8207 I created an html page with a double listbox. On the Parameters tab I made the listbox a Static list. I forgot how to check off multiple fields in the Static list so that they appear as default fields in the double listbox. I would like to check off the first 5 fields as shown below. Thanks.

[/Field1

Field2

Field3

Field4

Field5

Field6

Field7]

MIchele

I am on 8207.27 and when I create the html page double list box is no longer a choice of controls when I reference my fex with a parameter. I can create a double list box from the controls tab but things so south from there when I try to use it, it doesnt work. How are you creating your double list box.

Step 1: Add the following two parameters in your fex.

[/-DEFAULT &RP_FN01P_Detai1 = ;

-DEFAULT &RP_FN01B_Sort1 = ;]

Step 2: In the report request, the Detail parameter represents the print/sum fields. The Sort parameter represents the BY fields.

Use the above parameters in the report request as follows:

[/TABLE FILE Filename

SUM &RP_FN01P_Detai1.(AND(,,)).Select Measure Field(s).

BY &RP_FN01B_Sort1.(BY(,,)).Select Print field(s).]

Step 3: Make sure that you bring in via Request & Data Sources the fex that has all of your parameters, including the ones that you will bind to the 2 double listboxes and other controls you create.

Step 4: Create your double listbox from the Controls tab in your html page

Step 4: Go to the parameters tab and bind customselect1 to &RP_FN01B_Sort1 and bind customeselect2 to &RP_FN01P_Detai1. Open one of the double listboxes via the Settings menu and create your Static list of fields that you referenced in your report fex. Do the same thing for the other double listbox. Hope this helps.

To check off multiple fields in the Static list of fields in the Settings menu do the following.

In the Design tab, click above the arrows that appear in the middle of the double listbox

While the double listbox is highlighted, open the Settings menu for that double listbox that has the list of static fields that you added.

Begin clicking on the checkbox for each field that you want to appear as default fields in the double listbox.