Does anyone know if theres a way to report on processes run...

Stephen Hodgkins

Hi Steve

Thats the job of the Workspace page on the WebFOCUS Reporting Server Web Console.

Do you just need to know how to get to the console (typically on port 8121), or are you hoping to get a report going that shows this info

Toby,

Thanks for the prompt response. I have the ability to get to the console and would like to have a report to monitor it.

Once in a while we have an agent that seems to hang up and needs to be killed. I would like to report on the agents and determine if we have anything that may need our attention.

Steve

Does anyone know if theres a way to report on processes running in Workspace

I would like to report on the following where I can see running time, whats running and whos running it. This is for process that are hung up and need attention.

Tscomid

Service

State

User

Group

Client Address

Scheduler Job ID

Command

Procedure

Hi Steve

I made a report like this years and years ago. Probably the mid 90s. I could even click a hyperlink in the report to kill a task if I wanted.

I too will need something to alert me if agents are crashing or taking too long. So Ive been reading up on Event Routing on the WF Reporting Server (WFRS).

You might want to think about this too. Basically, if the WFRS writes something to your edaprint.log, you can ask the WFRS to send you an email when a condition occurs.

Server Workspace Manager (8105 instructions)

You can basically find the event of interest and choose customize, and ask for an email to be sent.

Heres a picture of just some of the events you could ask for an email alert on:

image.png1151411 32.2 KB

Seems like something I want to configure on my 8207 setup as Im building a new split tier, cluster manager type environment.

Thought Id pass it along in case it helps you keep an eye on the health of your reporting servers.