I am working on a dashboard or even just one report and I wo...

Kristi Carter

I am working on a dashboard or even just one report and I would like the results to show based on the &FOCSECUSER.

This is not an issue at this level however I would like to take it one step further and depending on the &FOCSECUSER and if they are a Security Level of Manager, I want them to see the data for all users.

In theory this type of logic:

WHERE WF_USER_ID EQ (IF WF_USER_ID EQ &FOCSECUSER AND SECURITY LEVEL EQ Employee THEN & FOCSECUSER ELSE _FOC_NULL);

I have a table to reference that tells me who the manager is. See sample below:

So with the example above my fex file lists out the hours for each User ID, when userid1 runs the report I want them to only see their data, when userid2 runs the report I want them to list all users in the data.

What I am doing is not working quite right, I am sure this can be done, I am just not able to come up with the right logic or steps to make this happen.

Anyone have any suggestions

Hi Kristi

Seems like this might be a good time to look up how you could use DBA security to help you out.

Check out how different example users get different answers (see the bottom of this):

Using Global Amper Variables to Create Dynamic DBA Rules

The idea would be to add the MFD_profile and DBA rules and then just hit the Master file to produce your report. Your Managers will get a less restricted list than users. Or at least this seems like a good idea.

I have a lot of errands to run for the next few days - maybe this will give you some food for thought.

Later!

Toby

It sounds like you can accomplish this with a variable &USER_SEC that would have a value of _FOC_NULL when the user is a Manager, otherwise the value of &USER_SEC would be set to &FOCSECUSER. Then you could simply:

WHERE WF_USER_ID EQ '&USER_SEC'

I think you can set &USER_SEC like this (assuming SEC_TABLE is the master file for your Manager/Employee security table):

TABLE FILE SEC_TABLE

PRINT

COMPUTE USER_SEC/A20V = IF SECURITY_LEVEL EQ 'Manager' THEN '_FOC'|'_NULL' ELSE WF_USER_ID;

WHERE WF_USER_ID EQ '&FOCSECUSER'

ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY

ON TABLE HOLD AS usersec

END

-RUN

-SET &USER_SEC = ' ';

-READFILE usersec

David,

I am trying to incorporate your sample, which is what I am looking for, however now I am trying to take the results of what you show and use it as what I want to pass in another portion of the fex file. Below is my print screen. It is not working, what do I have wrong

image.png1455639 17.4 KB

I get this error when I run it: