I am building a table report in WebFocusDesigner that sums a...

Casey Green

I am building a table report in WebFocusDesigner that sums all of the margins allocated to a particular sales team over a period of time and sorts the results descending, starting with the highest margin. The stakeholder would like to see the first result (aka the row with the highest margin) in bold and red font. Is there a way to add a traffic light conditional to an entire row to achieve this

Hi Casey,

Are you able to edit your report using the text editor If so, here is my suggested solution.

Using the CAR sample data, I summed SALES by COUNTRY. Then I ranked the SALES field and sorted the values from largest to smallest. I saved the report and closed the window. In my home page, I navigated to this report and opened it in the text editor. Right before the ENDSTYLE tag, I added this code:

$

TYPE=DATA,

WHEN=RANK EQ 1,

COLOR='RED',

STYLE='BOLD',

$

When I run the report, the first line (i.e. row with the highest sales) is displayed in bold, red font. Give this a try and let me know if it works.

The only solution I can think of requires the use of HOLD files. I first create my table with a TOT_SALES field and save the output to a HOLD file. Using the HOLD file, I compute a rank field and sort it by highest TOT_SALES. Then I style my output conditional on the rank field value.

I am unable to provide step by step instructions for the GUI, but hopefully this code will give you some insight:

TABLE FILE CAR

SUM SALES

BY TOTAL SALES AS 'TOT_SALES'

BY COUNTRY

ON TABLE HOLD AS SALES

ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON

END

TABLE FILE SALES

PRINT SALES

COMPUTE RNK_NBR/I2 = LAST RNK_NBR + 1; NOPRINT

BY HIGHEST TOT_SALES NOPRINT

BY COUNTRY