I discovered this little gem by accident. It contains every...

NYCBabak .

There is also the manual Using Funcitons which has a lot of the same information but different information too.

Some of the functions may not be available in your release if it is not the latest.

Running the following code in your environment shows what functions are available on your release, and basic usage documentation. (click the + to expand a section).

SET EXPANDBYROWTREE=ON,SHOWBLANKS=ON

DEFINE FILE SYSSQLOP

FUNCTION_DESC/A999 = EDIT(FUNCTION,'99999999999999999999') | EDIT(FUNCTION_TYPE,'99999999999999999999') | FUNCTION_DESC;

FUNCPARM_DESC/A999 = DIGITS(FUNPARM_IND,2) |' '| EDIT(FUNPARM,'9999999999999999999') | EDIT(FUNPARM_TYPE,'99999999999999999999') | FUNPARM_DESC;

FUNPVAL_DESC2/A999 = DIGITS(FUNPVAL_IND,2) |' '| EDIT(FUNPVAL,'99999999999999999999') |FUNPVAL_DESC ;

END

TABLE FILE SYSSQLOP

"Function Reference"

SUM CATEGORY NOPRINT

BY CATEGORY AS ''

BY FUNCTION_DESC AS ''

BY FUNCPARM_DESC AS ''

BY FUNPVAL_DESC2 AS ''

WHERE SUFFIX GT 'EDA'

ON TABLE

ON TABLE NOTOTAL

ON TABLE SET STYLE *

TYPE=REPORT, FONT=CONSOLAS,$

TYPE=HEADING, JUSTIFY=LEFT, FONT=ARIAL, SIZE=14,$

END

I discovered this little gem by accident. It contains everything you wanted to know about WebFOCUS functions and were afraid to ask. I thought I share the link as its a comprehensive list of functions, including the new simplified conversion (character, date and numeric) functions as well as forecasting, statistical and analytic functions (e.g.Correlation and Kmeans Cluster).

webfocusinfocenter.informationbuilders.com

dmfunc_8207.pdf

4.97 MB

Thanks @nycbabak and @david.beagan!

I sat out of development for so long just doing troubleshooting that I appear to have fallen behind. Theres a lot more going on here. Ill need to go read more to see whats what.

As the Dude would say Im not privy to all the new shtuff.

Im so old that I remember the skinny but tall functions manual from the 1980s. I kind wish I handnt thrown all my old manuals away just for nostalgia.

Thanks again.

Toby

• 2 weeks later...

Same for me Toby you helped me convert from WF 7.6.11 to WebFocus 8, and if you remember converting that large RC repository The tools you showed me at that time were very helpful , now I am looking into upgrading to 8.2.7 I am new to myIBI and if you can point me to threads where 8.1.5->8.2.7 topics are discussed that will be very helpful

Thanks Again

Naeem