Hi all I have some simple v3 BIPs to convert to the new desi...

Toby Mills

Hi Babak

Thanks for the idea - Im having a hard time exposing the Domain by way of a simple URL.

Suppose I have a Domain named Common What should my URL be

I tried a couple of things:

http://mymachine/ibi_apps/Common or common 404

http://mymachine/ibi_apps/workspaces/common also 404

if I just do

http://mymachin/ibi_apps/workspaces - I do get the resource tree nicely but I cant figure out how to go down to Common to start partway down a leg of the Resource Tree

Or I can take a really long URL like this with rest services - but I just return the XML for the desired Domain - the Explorer widget isnt formatting the answer:

/ibi_apps/wfirsIBFS_service=ibfs&IBFS_action=list&IBFS_path=IBFS%3A%2FWFC%2FRepository%2FCommon

I know I can point to a Portal (with /ibi_apps/portals/) but not sure about how to pop into the Resource Tree like 3 levels in.

Thanks for the idea

Toby

Hi all

I have some simple v3 BIPs to convert to the new designer created pages / Portals.

The BIPs that Im working on are super simple in the V3/V4 world. The Page were using has just 2 Panels. The Panel on the left has the Resource Tree that shows users reports they can run. When they run a report, the output is sent to the 2nd Panel on the right.

Easy right

Or not I cant find where to tell the new Page Designer deal how to make the 2nd Panel be a Target for the first Panel.

Further, its been a battle to get either a simple Panel or the Explorer widget to appear starting at a particular folder location.

Example V3 portal from 8105m

image.png641642 26.6 KB

If anybody has an idea for displaying a list of reports and pointing to a target, thatd be great.

Thanks!

Toby

This may not be exactly what youre trying to do however, its one way of giving users the ability to select the fex they want from a specific domain folder. Assemble a page and put a panel in the page. The content of the panel could be anything you want. It could be a report, chart or even an image of the domain folders. By unlocking the panel and putting a specific path in Select content from your user can click the ellipsis on the panel to select a different fex in that domain path. There might be an even better way of doing this with Javascript but Ive not tried to figure that out.

image.png1717872 88.8 KB

Thanks Babak.

Thats new for me to think of so I appreciate the idea. Ive messed with the same general concept by just creating a blank panel, with the Container Unlocked, and then you choose just the Folder to show - it seems to do part of what I want - but it loads up first with the Easy Selector enabled - rather than just filling the panel with the Resource Tree.

Heres what this looks like in a 2 panel portal:

image.png1778834 73.6 KB

When you run the Portal - it starts out like this:

image.png1963609 28.1 KB

Clicking the Easy Selector opens up a Modal window to choose from. The modal window is the look Id like to have in the Panel - instead of a Modal window:

image.png994742 38 KB

That would help to get this list in a Panel. Even if I did get that to work, I dont know how to aim the output of the first panel to land in the second panel.

This was a very BIP first shown to use in 8.0. It might have been a template of some sort. Anyway, its harder now.

Have you seen my post about the ibx framework Unfortunately, like a lot of us old FOCUS people, my javascript skills are limited to copying code and very minor debugging. Theres got to be a way to do this. Telu used to be the main programmer that helped me out back when Matt Lerner was still doing the BIP development. I dont want to ping Telu directly as Im sure theyre busy trying to stomp out bugs. But I do want an answer to what seems basic.

Thanks very much for pitching in - if you still have family at IBI, feel free to hit them up.

Toby Mills (former ASM and TSR).