I found a good SQL query through researching other posts aro...

Kristi Carter

I found a good SQL query through researching other posts around the topic of creating reports on existing reports, dashboard etc This query I think will help quite a bit, but have a couple of questions it would be nice to get some clarification on.

Within the WF_REPOSOBJ table, the LASTACCESSBY, LASTACCESSON fields. What populates these, is this based on a user opening/editing the file, or based on the file getting run/executed I thought it was the fact it was, run, but I ran a report and then reviewed the data to see if the date changed, but it did not. So I am concerned that is not the case. If it is not the case, does anyone have a good query that can get us that info

Where can I get the description for all the OBJTYPE values. I was able to get most of them figured out, but there are still some missing.

CASE WHEN OBJTYPE = 101 AND PRT_PATH NOT LIKE %/~% THEN Domain Folder

WHEN OBJTYPE = 101 AND PRT_PATH LIKE %/~% THEN User Domain Folder

WHEN OBJTYPE = 102 THEN Rpt Object FEX

WHEN OBJTYPE = 103 THEN Stylesheet

WHEN OBJTYPE = 106 THEN Help HTM

WHEN OBJTYPE = 107 THEN CSS

WHEN OBJTYPE = 109 AND PRT_PATH NOT LIKE %/~% THEN Fex

WHEN OBJTYPE = 109 AND PRT_PATH LIKE %/~% THEN User Fex

WHEN OBJTYPE = 110 THEN HTML

WHEN OBJTYPE = 113 THEN RC Schedule in WF8

WHEN OBJTYPE = 117 THEN URL

WHEN OBJTYPE = 119 THEN My Content Domain

WHEN OBJTYPE = 121 THEN Shortcut

WHEN OBJTYPE = 4 THEN B.DATATYPE

WHEN OBJTYPE = 0 THEN Static web component

WHEN OBJTYPE = 301 THEN User Entry

WHEN OBJTYPE = 115 THEN RC Dist List

WHEN OBJTYPE = 118 THEN RC Library output

WHEN OBJTYPE = 6000 THEN Portal

WHEN OBJTYPE = 6001 THEN Page

ELSE Unassigned END AS ITEM_TYPE,

My SQL query I am using is attached as well for review.

Thanks,

Kristi Carter

WF_OJBECT_USAGE_SQL.txt (3.0 KB)

Kristi

For question 1 those fields are for when the object in the repository was last edited, runtime reports can be found by using Resource Analyzer you will find the report your are looking for under the Usage Analysis / Procedures / Frequency of use report.

For question 2 I looked for doc on the repository tables and could not find anything. Which objtypes are you wanting to figure out

HI Kristi

I wondered if youve looked at the WebFOCUS Client REST adapter It generates a bunch of synonyms for you to use to write reports off the repository. I havent used it much at all yet, but I plan to.

Adapter Administration for 8206

Find this string.

Configuring the Adapter for WebFOCUS Client REST

(in the version of the manual I have, this is chapter 108 starting on page 2675).

Maybe peruse the things listed here.

This adapter is something thats hard to pin down with IBI regarding licensing. Originally, while I was at techsupport, we were told it was okay for administrative tasks similar to what you are doing without needing to buy a license. The license can be paid for too - so youll have to talk to your branch sales person to ask if it turns out to be something you want to use routinely. It may be free. Doesnt hurt to ask.

Toby,

We have actually already been down the WebFOCUS Client REST path and we confirmed we did not have the license. We have been able to get access to all of the master files and reports (fex files) that are the canned reports. They are not easy to follow and figure out to confirm what truly is in the data and what it all means.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Note that there is an option to turn off LASTACCESSBY & LASTACCESSON updating when fexs were RUN because it caused lots of repository writes. Consider a portal page with 20 fexs output - being run by 100 users simultaneously. Even though no one was explicitly updating the content - there were lots of repos updates going on. In addition, an update operating would cause the underlying eclipselink layer (an object mgmt package on top of JDBC) to through away its cache.

At some point (if I recall) , the default was changed to have the updating turned off.