Unable to authenticate to the WebFocus home page

Erin Trotter
Go to solution Solved by Patrick Huebgen,

I have done a fresh install of 9.1.1 webfocus on a new server (reporting server and client all on one box, with a separate sql server for the repository).  I have been able to set up the reporting server just fine.   I can log in there with my AD credentials and see everything I am supposed to see.  However, I can get to the home page login screen server:port/ibi_apps , but no matter what credentials I put in, it says incorrect username or password.  In the logs, it has

[2024-07-23 12:32:19,479] INFO  signin           0000000000000000 {userId=:unknown:} authentication Failure-unregistered_user <user> IPaddr:**.**.***.**

I can't get to the client administrator console to check the settings because I can't log in.  Not sure what else to check.

• Solution

@Erin Trotter for urgent requests please open a ticket.

"I can log in there with my AD credentials and see everything I am supposed to see." the audit log shows that the user cannot login at all in the client as the user is not registered.

I guess you can logon to the server console (port 8121) - if this is the case this would indicated that you did not configured the trusted connection between server and client.

To get you into the client to be able to configure security you can add and  IBI_ADMIN_NAME and IBI_ADMIN_PASS to webfocus.cfg

Some documentation here https://docs.tibco.com/pub/wf-wf/9.2.3/doc/pdf/IBI_wf-wf_9.2.3_security_administration.pdf

Having done so please restart and make sure to complete the security setup and use this user independent from the AD security to fix potential security issues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...