Users may receive an error after executing a procedure or HTML file from ibi WebFOCUS® App Studio when using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
Web browsers receive updates, and when a new version of Chrome or Edge browser is available, a new version of the selenium driver is also required to execute procedures and HTML files from ibi WebFOCUS App Studio.
Currently, there is not an automatic way to update the Chrome and Edge drivers. However, users can manually update these drivers.
Make sure that you are on the latest version of Chrome or Edge. To find this information:
- For Chrome: Click the ellipses on the top-right of the browser window to expand the drop-down menu. Then click Help > About Google Chrome.
- For Edge: Click the ellipses on the top-right of the browser window to expand the drop-down menu. Then click Help and feedback > About Microsoft Edge.
- Navigate to the following sites to download the WebDriver for Chrome or Edge:
Select the WebDriver version that corresponds to the browser version that you are on and download the WebDriver. See the following images for an example.
- In the downloaded zip file, locate the chromedriver.exe file for Chrome or the msedgedriver.exe file for Edge. These are the WebDriver files.
- Shut down App Studio and copy the WebDriver files to the bin directory of the App Studio installation, for example, <drive>:ibiAppStudio90bin or <drive>:ibiAppStudio82bin.
- Start App Studio to test the browser setup. Navigate to Application Menu > Output Viewer Settings. Select the desired browser, and then click Test browser setup.
If successful, App Studio will open up the selected browser and display the message Webdriver test status Success, as shown in the following image. Once this message displays, you have successfully updated the browser's WebDriver.